- Prof Dr Jennifer Jacobs is a clinical assistant professor at the university of Washington, USA
- Her first study was a pilot study of acute diarrhea in children. The results were interesting, although not statistically significant.
- She repeated the study the following year on 81 subjects. Half got the placebo and half got the remedies. There were 10 or 12 different remedies prescribed, and the outcomes were triple blinded.
- The results were positive. The paper was submitted to the journal Pediatrics (highly rated with conventional medicines) and they published it.
- She heard a rumour that the editor of Pediatrics nearly lost his job for publishing their research.
- A guest editorial that was published by several known homeopathic skeptics tried to tear apart the study.
- The journal didn’t call her about this, and the guest editorial didn’t go through a peer review.
Original article: https://homeopathyplus.com/prof-jennifer-jacobs-university-of-washington/